Monday, September 25, 2023

A Change in Seasons


The season change has been heralded in with the first fall storm. While I wouldn't mind if it waited a couple more weeks before hitting, I am glad it held off as long as it did. It definitely allowed a final one or two blooms to show their splendor. This rose is a David Austin Rose called "The Poet's Wife". The scent is heavenly and she is a beauty, and one of my favorites. 


I have moved the Scarlet Raven to a new place to be my office and studio. Here she is hitched to my Toyota Rav4. I have traction devices on all four tires as I took the trailer through a sloped forest. I also used the four wheel drive. It took a while to get everything prepped and ready to go. We cut the timing rather fine but the trailer is now in place. 




I have a lot of work to do on her. I have also decided to not do a lot of posting of the work on the social medias for privacy sake, both mine and others. 

Finally, the rice continues to ripen in the Day-Length Hoop House. It is a race to see if it will ripen before the first cold temperatures. Growing rice on the edge (and maybe a bit beyond) of its likely habitat is always an adventure. 

One of the rices that germinated is a rather showy purple leafed and stemmed one called H165. It is beautiful and the pictures definitely don't do it justice. 




I am heading into the season of digging deep into my studies as the weather more or less shuts down the farm for the year. Of course, there still is winter grains, fava beans, and garlic to plant. 

It is also time to clean my little woodstove out and prepare more firewood. I am looking forward to the garden slowing down a bit and getting it tucked in for the winter. 

I have grand hopes and plans for the winter! 


Yours in Truth and Beauty, 
-Renee




No comments:

Post a Comment